Re: Events

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Events
From: "Brian Evans" <brian.evans@ns2.fiberlink.ca>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 1996 08:01:02 -0800
jim hayes wrote:

> >       August 23-25 SVRA Alexandria Bay Int'l. Road Races
> >       Alexandria Bay NY & Shannonville, CANADA
> >
> Shannonville is a enlarged dragstrip/go kart track on the east of Mosport by
> a few hours. Flat as a board, lots of tight corners, might go well with the
> Sprite!
> Last time I was there with VARAC, it was primitive in services, I mean
> primitive! If SVRA is going, I can't imagine where they'll have all those
> transporters park!
> Jim
>
> Shannonville has bee considerably upgraded in the past few years, so
>depending on how long ago Jim was there, he may or may not get a
surprise!.. Now a major new grandstand with a fine view of 95% of the
track, paved paddock roads, grassy parking areas, and more room in the
paddock that most tracks.  Shannonville has been hosting professional
endurance racing series for the past number of years, and has invested a
lot of money to upgrade.  Even has showers...

The track has also been upgraded, with a "high speed" version that
bypasses the tricky infield section of the old "long" track.  This saves
time and tires - most fast guys expect to use up at least half a set and
often a full set of tires when running on the old track.  This is a
pretty technical track that rewards smoothness - several years ago Tony
Burnett, in his Cooper-S, qualified on the pole of his session, with a
time that would have had him also on the pole of the Historic Corvette
type group!

Just thought you might like to know...
Brian Evans, VARAC, MG Midget and Cooper S, Both for sale...
--
Brian Evans
Major Account Manager