Re: sprite/hoosiers

To: Ccanepa50@aol.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: sprite/hoosiers
From: WmSeverin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 17:57:15 -0500
A70-13 Hoosier Street TD is the set up I enjoy running on the Team Thicko
Sprite (MKII 948). Available from a number of sources for about $80 per tire.
After running shaved radial for anumber of years, the Hoosiers required some
adjustments in style and turn in points. Where the radial stick-stick-stick,
and then let go without warning, the bias ply Hoosiers seem to slip-slip-sli,
then hook up big time. You end up throwing the car at the apex ealier to
allow for the slide, and get on the gas faster as well, (which is always
helpful with exit speed on a small bore Sprite). My first lap on them at Road
America had a pretty high pucker factor. I got about 10 races on my first
set.

Wm. Severin Thompson
Team Thicko (Where tireless self-promotion is #1)