tvr

RE: temp sending unit, emerg. brake

To: "'William Zehring'" <zehrinwa@umdnj.edu>
Subject: RE: temp sending unit, emerg. brake
From: "Hill, Stephen M EDUC:EX" <Stephen.Hill@gems7.gov.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 09:22:35 -0700
Will, it my understanding that these gauges are not much more than voltage
meters, responding to varying resistance loads at the sender end. As you are
reading high, would it be possible to wire in a resistor of the correct
size? A variable resistor could be used to determine the correct resistance.
There is a chance that this would affect the voltage at the gauge
differently, depending on the actual temperature in the engine (linear vs
non linear response, if you get my drift). But I suspect for most of the
operating temps this would be a non-issue.

Stephen

///
///  tvr@autox.team.net mailing list
///