tvr

Hillclimbing Vixen

To: tvr@autox.team.net
Subject: Hillclimbing Vixen
From: Rikrock@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 10:30:02 EDT
Friends,

Just got back on the list after being bounced off a couple weeks ago (again)!

The short update and lessons learned during the recent
stripping/painting/racing of the car:

1.  Don't ever wreck your car

2.  Don't ever wreck your car

3.  If you ever wreck your car, don't ever think that with just some time and
work and money it will get done.  It will take way more than you think.

4.  Don't ever be in a hurry to redo it.  You've heard of Murphy's Law.
Murphy was an optimist.  Murphy never owned a TVR.

5.  A TVR gets very ugly before it can be made pretty again.

6.  When the work is done, your TVR will be A VERY BEAUTIFUL CAR!!!!!!

7.  Don't ever wreck your car.

Ran the car a couple weeks ago at the Roadster Factory Summer Party
Autocross.  Bonnet was in primer, body was bare fibrefglass.  No lights or
chrome, but I did put the front and rear windows in .  Most interesting
comment heard was,  "I can see through your car!"  Missed FTD by .5 seconds,
won my class.

Ran Duryea Hillclimb in Reading PA last weekend.  50th anniversary of Duryea
Hillclimb.  10 cars in my class.  Mostly racecars.  I finished 5th, a few
hundredths  out of 4th.  This is the same hill I cracked the car up at
earlier this year.  I was pretty careful this time, but started to get over
it as the weekend went on.

Just heard from Gene Bird.  The guys over in England who made the lower front
a-arm that didn't fit my Vixen have made a reasonable offer of compensation
for the rework I had to do.  It took a while, but they did the right thing in
the end.

Next event, Labor Day Weekend, time trials at Summit Point!!!

Working on getting door window frames refurbished.  Restoration Specialties,
mentioned on the list a few weeks ago has what we need, or they can get it.
I visited the place last month, its not too far from Gene Bird.  I'll let you
know how it goes......

Don't ever wreck your car.......

Rich Rock