tvr

Re: TVR M Series Hatchback Conversion?

To: Rolf Beuttenmuller <rolf@bnl.gov>
Subject: Re: TVR M Series Hatchback Conversion?
From: Skip Gurnee <skip47@home.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 11:07:27 -0700
Rolf-
For what it's worth, I went to Mallory dual points early in my
autocrossing career.  They worked fine and I don't recall ever replacing
them.  (Mileage is restricted - the car is trailered everywhere.)  When
I got the BDA, I changed to crankfire from Electromotive; absolutely
reliable to over 10,000rpm, and you don't have to reach under the
Webers!
A friend of mine (Super 7) used Allison/Crane multi-discharge spark, an
update of the old msd system; he was very happy with it.  He now has a
Zetec with its own $1200 system.  He mentioned looking in the Summit
catalogue.
Looking to Ford may be productive.  The 1600 engine is well known for
having updated parts fit old engines, and the Pinto had the 1600 engine
from 71-73.  It may be that one of the later engines has pointless
ignition (an oxymoron for diesel freaks?).
Best,
Skip
70 Vixen LVX1470/4