tvr

Re: Vixen Front Uprights

To: Dr John Upham <webmaster@ukmotorsport.com>
Subject: Re: Vixen Front Uprights
From: Skip Gurnee <skip47@home.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 17:13:34 -0700
The mechanics of steering quickness come from two places: the pinion
diameter at the rack, and the length of the steering arm.  I'm not sure
there's any variation in the pinion diameters since it would entail
changes in the housing and all my spares appear the same.  The steering
arm changed my steering from slow (maybe 4 turns +, I don't remember) to
reasonably quick, 2.75 now.  A smaller steering wheel will feel quicker
but it's still the same lock-to-lock.

Best,
Skip Gurnee