tvr

Re: Vixen Front Uprights

To: webmaster@ukmotorsport.com
Subject: Re: Vixen Front Uprights
From: Rikrock@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2000 21:44:01 EDT
In a message dated 00-07-02 18:25:43 EDT, webmaster@ukmotorsport.com writes:

<<
 and didn't have a Herald arm for us to
 > look at, but we looked at a TR4-6 steering arm and it is completely
 > different.  It will not bolt up to the Vixen/Herald/Early Spit upright--the
 > hole spacing is wrong.

   Correct.

 > The caliper mounting plate on the Vixen is from a TR4-6, but is modified to
 > fit the Vixen/Herald/EarlySpit upright---four new holes are drilled in it
 > make it fit!

   As far as I know the TR2-6 caliper mounting plate (133499, UK, n/s)
 (133500, UK, o/s)
   go straight onto the normal uprights  (209222, 209223 : sides swapped)
 without
   any modification.

209222 and 209223 are the part numbers on the early Spit uprights from TRF!!
Could it be that the early Spits were made with drum brake Herald uprights??

As far as the caliper mounting plate goes,  a TR4-6 part would have to be
redrilled to fit the Herald/early Spit upright, otherwise a TR4-6 steering
arm would fit??

After installing my new upright I found a previously undetected problem...my
lower A-arm is slightly bent!!   Anyone got a good one to sell? (passenger
side of a LHD car)

Rich Rock
Pottstown, PA