tvr

Vixen upgrade advice needed

To: TVR@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Vixen upgrade advice needed
From: Rikrock@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1998 00:23:53 EDT
Listers,

Count me in!  Finally, a TVR mailing list on team.net.  Thanks to everyone
involved in making it happen!

I'm looking for advice on improving the handling of my '70 Vixen, LVX 1670/4.
I have fitted the Spax shocks all around, but have not replaced the springs.
Today, I replaced the front sway bar end links with heim joint units, and
installed poly bushings at the chassis mounting points.  $14.95/pair from
Summit.  Had to drill new holes in the frame brackets to fit them..no big
deal.  I'll get a chance to test the setup on Sunday, when I run the car in an
autocross.  I won't know for sure 'til then, but I may want to fit a larger
diameter bar to the front.  I've got the original 3/4" bar on the car now.  No
rear bar.  Has anyone fitted a larger front bar?  From what car, and what mods
are required? Change the location of the end link mounts on the a-arms?

Anyone fitted different springs?  Something that maybe lowered the car.  Where
did you get them?

How about a posi unit.  Anyone got one for sale, or know where I can get one
at a good price?

Okay, enough for now.  You get the idea.

Wait, one more thing.  Webers.  I am building a hot engine, (.090 over, 296
degree cam--0095 from Bean, etc. using a 711M I got at a junkyard.  Anyone got
some 40 DCOE's and manifold?

Thanks.

Rich Rock
Pottstown, PA