[TR] Update on addco sway bar

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Update on addco sway bar
From: "spook01@comcast.net" <spook01@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 10:57:45 -0400
Sender: triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net
You guys may remember I bought an addco sway bar for the front of a early
(ct3xx) TR4.
It did not fit.
Basically, the problem is that the bar's side arms are too short to allow the
bar to be mounted high enough on the front bumper supports to allow the bar to
be level, and allow the links to be vertical.
I was contacted by Addco, and told that if I would send info they would make a
bar that works.
I was happy to help and sent photos and measurements to the individual who
contacted me.
Unfortunately, since then, silence.
These bars do not fit the early cars correctly, and use of the bar as supplied
stress the bumper supports due to the incorrect design.  Just a word to the
wise, especially if you are buying off eBay.
Further updates if I hear anything.
Ray

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

** triumphs@autox.team.net **