Re: [TR] cleaning transmission grime off - most environmentally

To: Doug Mathews <mathews@uga.edu>
Subject: Re: [TR] cleaning transmission grime off - most environmentally
From: Michael Porter <portermd@zianet.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 17:01:52 -0700
Doug Mathews wrote:

>I use a steam pressure washer, hard nylon brush, and something called
>"simple Green", that I think is a water based product. We use it to
>clean floors(wife does anyway), bicycle chains, etc.
>
>Can get it anywhere, big box stores, etc
>
>Doug
>
>At 03:44 PM 11/20/2006, you wrote:
>

>>Has anyone found a semi-environmentally friendly way to clean transmission
>>grime from the outside of the aluminium casting?

Others will jump in here, but do not soak aluminum parts in the Simple
Green. It attacks the surface finish of the aluminum and permanently
stains it if left for any period.  BTDT, didn't read the data sheet.

Cheers.

--
Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance....

===     http://www.vtr.org