Re: [TR] Back for a visit

To: twakeman@razzolink.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Back for a visit
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 13:00:29 EDT
In a message dated 10/12/2006 8:04:55 AM Central Standard Time,
twakeman@razzolink.com writes:
> Hi David!
>
> Somehow it feels as though you just wrote my biography of the last
> couple years.
>
> But I will admit to having evil, evil thoughts trying to corrupt my mind
> over the last year.  I've found myself fantasizing about a Morris
> Traveler with a VW 1.9L tdi engine.  But I know from past experience
> that it is all I can do just to keep two vehicles on the road most of
> the time.  With 3, one is almost always off line awaiting maintenance.

I know how easy it is to get in over one's head with projects.  If it isn't a
money issue it is a time issue.  Usually both.  And the older and more mortal
one feels the more urgent it becomes to start more and more stuff on the "To
do before I die" list.  And my list is getting longer every day.

I took my (Linda's) TR3 apart for a restoration.  I plan on having it back
together for next year when it turns 50.  We'll see what corners I have to cut
to get there.

Cheers

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org