RE: [TR] Exhaust back-pressure - getting detailed in a general

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Exhaust back-pressure - getting detailed in a general
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 20:38:44 -0700
> Anyway the point is that with the timing chain wildly loose and now replaced I
> thought I would do a little tuning up. The mechanic had mentioned noticing
> that she didn't seem strong above 80mph anymore.

Personally, I would double-check, for myself, that the cam timing is correct.
Starting with being sure the timing mark on the balancer hasn't moved.

I've had "professionals" get it wrong before, and lack of power at high rpm is
one possible result.  It might be just coincidence, but ...

Oh, and you need a longer driveway too <g>

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org