RE: [TR] Trunk seal/door seal

To: "Arakelian, Peter" <arakelianp@mossmotors.com>,
Subject: RE: [TR] Trunk seal/door seal
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 17:05:40 -0700
> If you feel the need, my flame suit is on!  But I don't deserve it.

No flames from me, Peter.

In fact I was going to write that Moss has become much better in this regard
than they used to be.  I don't know how much of that is from your efforts,
and feedback culled from this list, but I suspect we all owe you personally
a big Thank You !

> As has been said, we cannot fix problems we don't know about.  I am but
> one person who helps when he can.  It is the function of our R&D guys to
> fix these problems, if they know about them.  You can go to the web
> site, click contact us and get phone numbers for tech or send an e-mail
> from there.  They will respond.

And I suspect this is exactly the information we need ... how to provide
useful feedback.  Moss has always (in my experience) been happy to accept
returns for any part that does not fit right (with some exceptions noted in
the catalog, like sheet metal parts).  But the feedback has been lost in the
past.  I hate being told "We've had no complaints" when I myself complained
!

One other comment on the TR3 lower door seals ... at least on my TR3A, a
previous owner had installed the rocker panel "cover up" repair pieces
(which I believe Moss still sells).  The repair piece as installed left
almost no gap at all for the seal, the door edge has to almost touch the
sill for them to match; and even if the door matches the sill, it still
stands proud of the rest of the body (as the sill does).  If your new door
seals push the door out, it might be worth checking how big the gap is.
Also check the wear in your hinges.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org