Re: [TR] Unidentified LBC

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Unidentified LBC
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 21:30:05 +0100
On Wed, 28 Jun 2006, at around 16:14:38 local time, "Steinman, Bill"
<wsteinman@pogolaw.com> wrote:
>My money is on the Healey Abbott.

Thanks for the response.   There seems to be a lot of support for the
Healey Abbott suggestion, but have a look at the picture of an Abbott
at:

http://www.ahcec.fsnet.co.uk/healey_photos_3/events_3/epping_apr_02/10_ri
chards_abbott_tpj_17.jpg

The wing is much more curvaceous, and the line is followed through the
door down to the bottom of the rear wheel arch.   Also the bonnet comes
right up to the edge of the grille, unlike the one in my pic.   And the
additional air intakes are inboard of the headlights, and triangular,
rather than immediately beneath the headlights and oblong.

I don't deny that there are distinct similarities, but this is
definitely not the Healey Abbott as produced.   The closest car I have
been able to find is a Jaguar XK150 - and it clearly isn't one of those,
either.

ATB
--
Mike
Ellie  - 1963 White Triumph Herald 1200 Convertible GA125624 CV

===     http://www.vtr.org