[TR] Electrical Gremlins: New TR3 Wiring Harness

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Electrical Gremlins: New TR3 Wiring Harness
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 10:06:36 -0400
Hello, everyone.  Thought I'd share this:

I finished hooking up the main harness this morning to my restoration TR3A.
One doesn't reassemble electricals from scratch without expecting some issues.
Main thing that excited me was, when I connected the battery, it was
smoke/flame free!

Tested the parking lamps first.  Front worked.  Right rear worked.  License
plate and left rear didn't work, no power.  Checked the wiring harness to see
how many red wires ran to the rear: just one.  So tore the wiring harness
apart and sure enough, the wiring harness came with the red wire to the
license plate and left parking lamp, ...not connected in anyway.  Just a free
little wire back there all hidden under a lot of factory pvc electrical tape.

So...what size fuses go in the two poles of the fuse box?  I have both 35 and
50 amp from Moss, but I can't find anything that tells me which size goes in
which pole.

Thanks!

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire