Re: [TR] looking for a dbl sided adhesive strip.....

To: maya2blue@juno.com, nass@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: Re: [TR] looking for a dbl sided adhesive strip.....
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 08:40:27 EDT
In a message dated 6/21/2006 11:17:17 PM Central Standard Time,
maya2blue@juno.com writes:
> Someone on the list told me about a double sided sticky tape.. I have
> forgotten who and what!
>
> The tape is black, about 5/8 of inch wide and thin... maybe a 32nd
> thin....
>
> Sticky on both sides..  great stuff and I used it to stick the brass 3
> 3/4" Triumph Spitfire medallion to my dash..  It lasted for six years.
>
> What I have is gone.. I need more.  Of course, I do not necessarily need
> the exact same thing.. Just something to stick the medallion to the dash
> in a semi-permanent way.  I do want to be able to take it off!
>
> Does anyone have a suggestion?

Check at your local hardware store.  They might have it.  Failing that go to
www.mcmaster.com and do a search and you will find.

Great stuff.  There was an article in an engineering mag some years back
showing how it is used to attach fenders on semi trucks.  6 ft of that stuff
will
hold a lot.

Dave