RE: [TR] Play in wire wheels

To: "John Herrera" <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>, <jmitch@snet.net>,
Subject: RE: [TR] Play in wire wheels
From: "Peter Ryner" <pryner@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 12:24:43 -0400
I'd recommend getting one of the aftermarket wrenches that fit the ears.
Makes it much easier to tighten and loosen the spinner and does no damage to
the ears.  It is about 3 ft long so you get a lot of leverage.  I did find
it smart to put a rag between the metal wrench and the lug.

You might want to check the bolts on the brake drum from time to time too.
I had a clunk and thought it was a loose wire wheel, but several of the nuts
had come loose between the adapter and the drum.  This is more of a problem
on the driver's side as the nuts are not reversed as the wheel spinner is.
Pete