Re: [TR] Wiring Facet Pump & Oil Pressure Switch

To: tr3driver@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Wiring Facet Pump & Oil Pressure Switch
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 08:27:06 EDT
In a message dated 6/14/2006 8:19:49 PM Central Standard Time,
tr3driver@comcast.net writes:
> >However, there is a sneak circuit in that the pump and
> >valve will be
> >wired in series once the switch switches.  The pump and valve
> >will pass current
> >to the rest of the switched loads.
>
> Good point (which I missed before), although since it's only a relay coil
> for the pump, there won't be much current passed.
>
> However, a simple diode in series with the pump relay will solve the
> problem.

Relay?  Did I miss something?  Most people don't bother with relays for the
small pumps since they only draw a few amps.  But if you are using a relay then
indeed a diode will solve that sneak circuit.  But then you should put in an
MOV across the relay coil (or the diode) to prevent the inductive kick back
from over stressing the diode.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org