[TR] Wiring Facet Pump & Oil Pressure Switch

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Wiring Facet Pump & Oil Pressure Switch
From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 17:41:24 -0400
The Facet fuel pump instructions strongly recommends wiring it to the Oil
Pressure Switch (OPS) so that it won't pump fuel with the ignition switch on
unless the engine is running. To quote them "This stops pump operation if
the engine stops and the ignition switch is on." OK, now my OPS has 3
terminals (ground, anti-run valve & Oil Pressure Light (OPL)). When I turn
the key on, the OPL comes on and when the engine starts the OPL turns off.
So if I hook the pump to that lead, it seems like it would work the opposite
of what Facet is asking. Turn key on and "pump runs/OPL on" and start car
"OPL turns off/Pump off"?? So how do I wire this to the OPS? Added to the
mix is I have Dan's harness with 3 leads from the fuel pump relay: warning
buzzer, inertia switch & fuel pump.

Am I misunderstanding how the OPS works on the TR6? Plus if they don't want
the pump on until the engine starts, the only fuel the carbs get is what's
sitting in the bowl. Right?

How do you guys/gals have your electric pumps wired? I was going to just
hook the positive pump lead to pump relay lead in Dan's harness until I read
their instructions. The only other thing I found in "googling" this OPS
requirement is that it's required by the Coast Guard and FAA in boating and
airplane applications. Maybe different for cars?

Thanks

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org