Re: [TR] Dim Brake Light - 72 TR 6

To: "Tom Wagner" <tom.wags@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] Dim Brake Light - 72 TR 6
From: philip ethier <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 00:01:29 -0500
On Jun 14, 2006, at 8:10 PM, Tom Wagner wrote:

> To This Great List:
>
> Can someone tell why a brake light would be dimmer
> on one side of the car and not the other when I was
> under the impression that they use a  common ground??

The bulbs are not the same.  One is plated more than the other.  One
has a filiment welded shorter than the other.  Swap the bulbs and see
if if the pattern reverses.  Or better yet, just replace both bulbs.

1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban, 1994 Miata
C package
pethier@isd.net   http://forum.mnautox.com/forums/  http://
www.flickr.com/photos/pethier
I decry the textmessagization of the American-English language.

===     http://www.vtr.org