[TR] TR4A Horn Wiring

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR4A Horn Wiring
From: Renee and Eric Morris <rshartnup@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 21:17:51 -0700
I'm assembling a 1967 TR4A which was purchased from another fellow
mid-restoration. As such, I have never seen the car together and
assembling it is a little challenging at times (despite the help from
the repair manual).

I'm now working on the electrical system, and although the wiring
diagram is of some help, I was wondering if someone could provide a few
words on how the horn circuit works.  Here's where I'm at:

-It looks like the horn button completes a circuit via a rod connected
to the steering box.
-There is a wire hanging out of the steering box that I believe connects
to a horn relay; I'm not sure where to mount the relay.
-I'm not sure how the relay is connected to the horns and voltage
regulator.

It would be appreciated if anyone could describe the wiring or send some
pictures.

Yours Truly,

Eric Morris
Vancouver, British Columbia