Re: [TR] Worst cars owned comments

To: zoboherald@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TR] Worst cars owned comments
From: "John Innis" <jdinnis@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 10:01:25 -0500
I agree, some of the new "old" cars are worthy of the names they bear,
some are not.  The Beetle, the Mini (even if it is german), and the
Mustang all seem to have captured the essence of what the original car
was.  Others, the T-Bird, the Charger, the GTO, etc, seem to taken the
right idea the wrong direction.

In other case the car makers just ignore the heritage of the mark and
produce a blashpemopus combination, like the latest version of Chevy's
Impala.  The Caprice based Impala was at least a bad a$$ car, if not
totally true to it roots.  By the pathetic front-drive four-door
boring-box that came later was just terrible!  The Monte Carlo went
that way when it returned in the 90's but it is at least returning to
the performance and styling that made the original a great car.

But all that being said, car companies build what consumers buy.
Blame the car buying public for abhorations like the Aztek.

John

--
= Never offend people with style when you   =

===     http://www.vtr.org