Re: Quizz Answers ... NO LBC

To: <Dave1massey@cs.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Quizz Answers ... NO LBC
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 21:20:45 -0000
Dave massey wrote:

>> I had one of those!  a '59 403.  Friday on the way home I passed a new
>> Peugeot from Mexico on the freeway.  They still have dealers there.  I
>> wonder why
>> none are imported to the US?  Smog and Safety?

> I saw Renault dealers in Costa Rica last year when I was down there.
> I suspect they are not working the US market is that critical mass is so
> extensive.  To sell a line of cars one needs dealers in every major city
> and most
> smaller cities or buyers will fear the inability to get their car
> serviced.>
> Dave

Which is exactly why MG Rover (even under BMW ownership) never ventured to
open up North America again for MG. The required dealer infrastructure was
more than it could handle for a demand potential that would have far
exceeded the output capability of the Longbridge plant.
Perhaps the Chinese will have a go at it?

Jonmac

===     http://www.vtr.org