Re: Quizz Answers ... NO LBC

To: BearTranserv@aol.com, pethier@isd.net, anabil007@comcast.net,
Subject: Re: Quizz Answers ... NO LBC
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 07:57:40 EST
In a message dated 12/12/2005 12:40:04 PM Central Standard Time,
BearTranserv@aol.com writes:
> I had one of those!  a '59 403.  Friday on the way home I passed a new
> Peugeot from Mexico on the freeway.  They still have dealers there.  I wonder
>why
> none are imported to the US?  Smog and Safety?

I saw Renault dealers in Costa Rica last year when I was down there.

I suspect they are not working the US market is that critical mass is so
extensive.  To sell a line of cars one needs dealers in every major city and
most
smaller cities or buyers will fear the inability to get their car serviced.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org