Re: Jumper Cables; Little LBC

To: terryrs@adelphia.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Jumper Cables; Little LBC
From: ZinkZ10C@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 21:17:19 EST
In a message dated 12/6/05 8:59:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
terryrs@adelphia.net writes:

<< I'm thinking 4 gauge, maybe 15 to 20 feet.

 Anybody know where these can be had reasonable?  (I priced them at $75
 earlier today.) >>

Try a industrial strength autoparts.   My pro autoshop 2004 mail order
catalog shows 4 G  20 ft for $ 26.  ones I got were great.

Places like Sears tend to be a bit pricey for stuff like that, chain store
autoparts tend to be low quality.

A proper set of cables can start the car with the battery sitting on the
ground and no battery in the car, anything else is a set of charging cables.

Lucas invented the battery discharger, the one I have has plate selenium
rectifiers that leak.  If the battery is attached and the unit is unplugged
from
the wall, the battery will discharge.

Harold

===     http://www.vtr.org