Re: Soldering okay?

To: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>,
Subject: Re: Soldering okay?
From: Andrew Frink <tr4@drooartz.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 09:53:15 -0600
On Sep 25, 2005, at 7:53 AM, TeriAnn Wakeman wrote:

> Are you converting a TR 3 or 4 from generator to alternator using
> an alternator with built in voltage regulator?  And do you have a
> kit that is telling you to eliminate your voltage regulator and
> connect a bunch of wires together?

Thanks for your instructions. The PO of my TR4 installed the
alternator. She said that the voltage regulator had gone out, and
that seemed to be the proper time to convert. I'm just trying to
figure out why it is not charging the battery as it ought to. It's
been quite the electrical journey. I do have the old voltage
regulator (out of the car) so I might just use it as you described,
as a connection block.

> If you want a really fun project try merging the bulkhead forward
> wire harness from a 1960 Land Rover to a 1993 Mustang EFI wire
> harness.

I can't imagine. I'm having enough trouble with a TR4, which only has
a couple of wires. You're a brave woman!

-Drew

--
Andrew Frink
Salt Lake City, UT