Soldering okay?

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Soldering okay?
From: Andrew Frink <tr4@drooartz.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 19:41:34 -0600
As part of the alternator conversion, the instructions say to connect
3 wires together. I've been having trouble finding some sort of
connector to join them all together. I was considering just soldering
them, and using some liquid electrical tape to seal them.

Is this an acceptable solution? The instructions say that these wires
are carrying all the power in the car. I'm trying to avoid what my
friend would call "ghetto" fixes. I did a lot of those on my old Land
Cruiser 10 years ago, and I'm a little embarrassed! I'm trying to
focus on doing it right this time.

Thanks-
Drew