Carb Backfire & Dashpot Drainage

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carb Backfire & Dashpot Drainage
From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 20:24:02 -0400
I've developed a very infrequent (mostly when engine is cold) backfire
through my front carb. That carb also seems to lose dashpot oil quicker then
the back carb. Despite having rebuilt to carbs twice in the past 8 years
they still need topping off on a weekly basis. If I go 2 weeks the front one
looks empty and rear one looks to be about 1/2 full. Any relation between
the two problems? How often do you top off your carbs? And where does that
dashpot oil go? I'm using straight 50W Kendall oil. Tried lots of others and
this seems to last the longest.

Thanks

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6