RE: TR6/250 water temp sending uints

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6/250 water temp sending uints
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 09:49:46 -0700
> tr3driver@comcast.net writes:
> > Dave Massey replied :
> > >If that's all you want try adding a small value resistor in series with the
> > >sensor.  Start with a 47 Ohm 1/4 and see if you like that reading.  Go up
> > or
> > >down from there.
> >
> > The thing that worries me greatly about that approach is that you will
> > likely
> > wind up with a gauge that can never read full scale !

Dave replied :

> Well, I did say "Go up or down from there."

Point I'm trying to make is that a series resistor has much more effect at the
top end of the gauge than at the center.  Adding enough resistance to
significantly affect the center reading will have a much more dramatic effect at
full scale. (IOW it's very non-linear)

There's certainly nothing wrong with trying a series resistor, but be sure to
check your results at full scale.

Randall