Right angle drive for speedo necessary?

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Right angle drive for speedo necessary?
From: Andrew Frink <drewfrink@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 09:52:07 -0600
Just got my first (of many, I'm sure) parts order in today. One of
the things I needed was a new speedo cable, since the speedo isn't
working right now. PO said she replaced the cable, and the guage
worked briefly before stopping. When I bought a new cable, I got the
one marked for an overdrive tranny (which I have). I've seen talk of
a right angle drive for the cable as well, but didn't order one. The
right angle drive Vicky had listed was for a TR-250.

My question is this: should I track down a right angle drive for this
cable? I don't want to install the cable I have just to have it break
again. Is there just one drive for TR4-Tr250 trannys?

Thanks again,
-Drew

--
Andrew Frink