Re: Powder Coating at Home

To: jay_welch@juno.com
Subject: Re: Powder Coating at Home
From: acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 18:11:16 -0400
Jay,

I cant say I went that far, though it might have been an option if I
had a dishwasher.  What I did do was have a bench grinder in the
kitchen with a wire wheel attached to it.  I used that for the clean up
of an awful lot of parts.  Two things I discovered later on.  The first
was that those wire brushes lose their bristles and once they are lost
off the wheel the inevitable end up being found by someone in stocking
feet.  And second, I didnt realize exactly how dirty my white linoleum
kitchen floor had become until I move a rug one day and could see the
before and after.  That spring cleaning I was using paint thinner on
the kitchen floor to clean it, one square foot at a time.  I clean my
parts in the shed now.  But on the bright side, I didnt yell at myself.

Cheers,

Aaron

Aaron Cropley
71 TR6 (Throttle Body Injection!)