Re: Powder Coating at Home

To: Roger Elliott <elliottr@rmi.net>
Subject: Re: Powder Coating at Home
From: Pat Fischer <pfischer@rmi.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 14:59:31 -0500
As the wife involved in the powder-coating gift below, I'll add a few
comments. I don't believe the fumes or the chemicals left in your oven
are appropriate for your general health (you want to live to drive this
car, after all) or the health of any subsequent unsuspecting users of
the oven. On the other hand, a friend of ours bought a turkey-roaster at
a garage sale that he uses for his powder coating. Works just fine for
him - he uses it in the garage, not his basement workshop, as the smell
is objectionable even to him. Unless you're doing very large pieces, you
don't have to look for the space for a big oven. Something smaller that
portable enough to go outside might solve this for you.

Pat