RE: AC fuel pump servicing

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: AC fuel pump servicing
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 12:51:35 -0400
Thanks for the unanimous input Mike, Geo and Dave. I agree and have followed
the advice to leave well enough alone.

Since I had the pump out I decided to keep going and change the oil filter.
Popped off the canister and on a whim decided to remove the sealing rubber
ring. I never touch the sealing ring normally, but this time I decided to pop
it out. Used a little screwdriver and discovered that with the ring out, there
was still a soft base to the channel. Ah ha! I had two sealing rings in there;
God knows for how long. That explains some aggravating and excessive leaking
I've noticed. So a nice little bonus to having done the pump job.

It's interesting that the diaphragm in the pump was a sort of canvas sandwich,
whereas the replacement (Country) was three loose layers of rubber. The
original had a few slit-like cracks in it, so that would be where the lead came
from. I wonder how the rubber replacement will endure compared to the original.

Cheers,

Mark

P.S. I have learned that Duesenbergs had a lot more power than I thought. The
list knows all. All hail the list! :^)