AC fuel pump servicing

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: AC fuel pump servicing
From: Michael Godley <mgodley@tiac.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 09:51:00 -0400 (EDT)
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 21:22:38 -0400
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>

My TR6's fuel pump started dripping..I see that new one-way valves are included
in the kit. The originals are
staked into the casing.....The pump has been pumping just fine and the valves
look OK. Am I just
spending a lot of effort for nothing in replacing them, or should I rip out
the old and put in these new aluminum -bodied units that came with the kit?

Mark, I have serviced both ways.  If the valves look good then just change the
diaphragm and get back on the road....changing the staked valves is not
difficult, but will take extra time on the first go round since you have to
learn the technique...and would be a good winter project.

Cheers

Mike Godley
65 TR4A