Pin in TOB sleeve

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net> i53Gpcgs031918
Subject: Pin in TOB sleeve
From: "January Williams" <january@chemeketa.edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 09:51:31 -0700
With my rebuilt OD transmission ready to go in, new clutch installed,
(thanks to Dave and Randall for the "connections" info) it was
interesting to see the "choppy / sticky" clutch thread. I thought
omigod, I didn't realize there were different front extensions on the
trannies; I anxiously check them after work, yes, they are both "short"
- correct for my 4A, even the early 4 tranny that's been on the car.

But then I start perusing Nelson's article on the Buckeye site, and I
notice "the pin" in the TOB sleeve. I got a new one from Moss, and I
noticed the little hole in it, and I now realize what it's for, to stop
the TOB / sleeve assembly from idling on the front extension tube. The
question is (beside the rhetorical question of why isn't the sleeve just
supplied with the pin) what to use - is it a roll pin, taper pin, or
what??

I suppose I could size it with a drill bit . . . . Do I need to
disassemble the clutch fork / TOB and rig up a pin in it??

January
66 TR4A CTC74217 LO