Re: Stag differential mounts.

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stag differential mounts.
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 20:11:20 +0100
Hi Randall
The Diff extension is the same on the 2000 2500 saloons, I had one go once,
we hit a French "level crossing" (I'll come back to that)  towing a caravan
at about 40mph and a vibration started, this was about 60 Km from Calais on
the way home, 22 Km from Calais the thing broke after continuously worsening
vibes, the final straw was the transition from old smooth tar to newly
chipped surface a 1\4 inch step!!!
Now the Level Crossing was right after a 90 deg curve that went through a
gap in the embankment along side the road, who'd a knew there was a railway
line there? We hit the crossing hard and went back for a look , the rails
stood out 3 inches, it was like hitting 4 kerbs in quick succession, I
always wondered why they made the 2cv so bouncy!
The simple solution to the weakness there is to weld 2 bits of 1 inch x 1/4
inch strap steel in to the gap, no more problem!

Graham.