RE: First TR3a ride of the season, hmmm...

To: "'Randall Young'" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>, "'Triumphs@Autox Net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: First TR3a ride of the season, hmmm...
From: "David Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 11:22:55 -0400
> Basically that it works smoothly and properly throughout the range, no
> jerking or sticking at any particular advance/rpm.
[David Templeton] Nope, very smooth through the range, lots of power all the
way up to 6000rpm :-)

> What happens if you're just sitting stopped, and 'blip' the throttle ?

[David Templeton] It responds with no hesitation, upon returning it will
idle at 1200 for about 20-40 seconds then start dropping sometimes to stall,
sometime not.  When it does start to drop again another "blip" is needed

This morning I changed to the fuel filter I located near the tank and as
expected it was full of crap (thank goodness I added this filter and the
crap never made it to the carbs).  But the behaviour is the same while
driving to work this morning.

I also checked the distributor and saw nothing out of the ordinary, also
sprayed some ignition "dry and go" which cleans and lubes that particular
area.  No difference.

The next thing I can do is to test the advance using a vacuum, how much
vacuum should be needed to test correctly?

Anything else to I should look into examining?

As always thanks for the insight and possibilities
David Templeton
'59 TR3a ( top is coming down today, yeah)