RE: Stromberg Problems

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Stromberg Problems
From: "Steve B." <StevesTR@veroquest.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 12:56:37 -0700
Having paid my dues (over and over) on this one, I would next check the
carb mount to the manifold. If it is leaking at all, you will see the
symptoms. Also the manifold to head interface may be leaking. Try
retightening the manifold and see if the problems change as all. If they
do, replace the gasket, it's not a very hard job.  Other leaks can come
from hoses not fitting tightly and things like the Anti-run-on valve or
brake servo leaking. Try taking some of these out-of circuit and see if
these change things. The only problem with these is that they would tend
to affect both carbs about the same.

If I had to guess, I'd go with the manifold gasket or carb mount to
check first.

Regards,
Steve