TR3 and oxygen sensors

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 and oxygen sensors
From: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 08:58:05 -0700
Recently had a visit with a fellow enthusiast who has used oxygen sensors
to tune his TR6 and said that this method demonstrated to him how sensitive
the carb jet adjustment is (he has SU HS6 carbs). He has one installed in
each of the twin downpipes just below his header.
I like this idea a lot and was thinking about doing it on my TR3, but on
looking at my manifold I see that cylinders 2 and 3 merge, and cylinders 1
and 4 merge, before the downpipe.
So short of converting to a different manifold, has anyone got some words
of wisdom about how to do this to get both carbs tuned?
Thanks,
Jim
---