TR2 won't fire a lick --Now HAPPY DAYS!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR2 won't fire a lick --Now HAPPY DAYS!
From: RobBlubaugh@netscape.net (Robert Blubaugh)
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 01:10:53 -0400
   WOW!  Do I ever feel great!  Finally, finally, my TR2 runs again!  I was
beginning to abandon hope.  After my last posting I had several replies with
suggestions, almost all of which I had already tried.  I did get it to fire and
run roughly a week ago on Monday on the 5th.  It ran on about two cylinders and
the spark was so weak that it still would not fire the strobe on my timing
light.  On Tuesday the 6th I added another new set of plug and coil wires, but
it was again - no go, would not fire a lick!  I decided to abandon the Mallory
dual points distributor and go for a Mallory Unilite electronic ignition.

   TONIGHT AFTER THE INSTALLATION IT FIRED AND RAN SMOOTHLY ON THE FIRST TOUCH
OF THE STARTER BUTTON!!  It was sweet music to my ears!  I have some carb
adjusting to do, but had it not been dark and rather cold (38 degrees) I could
certainly have gone for a short test drive.  (I also have to figure how I
goofed on wiring the lights.)  I will be up early tomorrow before I go off to
school and I will have my VICTORY test drive.  I am so happy to have it running
that I was even pleased to see some dirps from a bit of an oil leak.  (I never
thought that the felt stuffing on the rear crank seal would provide a perfect
seal, but right now, I don't mind at all!)

   Thank you, thank you everyone for the suggestions and for the notes of
support and encouragement.  Except for the two months scheduled for the UK this
summer, I should enjoy some nice cruising in my TR2.  -- Happy Days!!

Victory is sweet,
Rob Blubaugh
Rensselaer, Indiana, USA - Home to TS7690 that runs once more!

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.