Re: Oil

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 14:58:57 -0400
Kai:
> Now that there are a few Shell gas stations around in the area, I have
> been
> dying to try Shell Helix synthetic motor oil.  I figure if it is good
> enough
> for Ferrari and Michael Schumacher, it must be good enough for me ;-)

Joe:

> Bear in mind that Shell is one of Ferrari's sponsors and the same thing
> Kas indicates about QS applies there.  I would be amazed if there is a
> whole lot of difference in any of the major synthetic brands on the
> market.

What about Mario Andretti ... and Havoline? or whoever used to endorse Wolfs
Head ...or the guy who liked that purple stuff ... or (name of other has-been
driver) ... and (obscure brand name oil)? Oh yeah, I do remember a number of
years ago that there was a proven bad batch of Quaker State. Due to some
refinery goof or whatever, this particular batch was practically turning to
sludge while still in the can/bottle. But that was a one-time thing as I recall.

I mean, all the years I was straining Quaker State through FRAM filters ...
omigod, howzit that I'm still ALIVE? :-)

--Andy Mace