Re: Sage advice on traffic tickets

To: peb3@cornell.edu
Subject: Re: Sage advice on traffic tickets
From: "john matthews" <john__matthews@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 13:29:21 -0800 FILETIME=[C13D6ED0:01C406E6]
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Philip,

You are entitled to your opinion; however, my advice was based on practical
experience not legal arguments. I recently received a speeding ticket and
did consult with a lawyer (always sound advice when dealing with legal
matters). His advice was the same as the officer who issued the ticket and
the same as I would have given myself. Traffic School.
This is the only way to ensure you do not end up with points on your record.
Points on the record = increased insurance rates. Sure, you might win your
case in court, but you must evaluate the risk of increased rates vs. the
sure bet of traffic school. I'll take the sure bet over the chance that I'll
get a "fair trial". Just my opinion, and the "advice" I'd give you as well.

YMMV

Cheers,

John Matthews