Sage advice on traffic tickets

To: portermd@zianet.com
Subject: Sage advice on traffic tickets
From: "john matthews" <john__matthews@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 08:33:08 -0800 FILETIME=[5F429080:01C406BD]
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Michael,

Texas?

Oh, I won't start that....

Just find out if you can take a traffic school. Probably not worth the time
or gas to appear and fight it even though you are innocent.

The extra cost in higher insurance is sure to be more than what traffic
school costs, and since it's out of state it shouldn't count against your
New Mexico record. Better to keep all tickets off your record as many of our
specialty insurers won't take someone with a bad driving record.

If you have any friends who are lawyers (there may be one on the list) it
would be well worth the consulting fee should you decide to plead not
guilty. If you do want to fight try to use a local lawyer who knows the
judge. It's really not worth fighting if you are just going to show up and
say their guy lied, you need some kind of proof - guilty until proven
innocent is really the way traffic court works....

Good Luck,

John Matthews
'61 Herald
'63 TR 4 - which I may drive to traffic school this month....

>On my way back from my girlfriend's, who lives in central Texas, I
>encountered a
>rather zealous cop, who pulled me over for doing 85 in a 70 mph zone on
>I-20, near Colorado City, TX. Only difficulty
>was that I was doing 70, and had the cruise control set all the way from
>Abilene at that speed.
<snip>
>I've been with a new insurer for only a
>year, with a previously great driving record, and I certainly don't want
>some quota hot dog damaging that and causing
>raised rates, especially since I'm recently unemployed--I don't need
>additional bills like this one.
>
>Advice is welcome.
>
>Cheers.
>
>- -- Michael D. Porter
>Roswell, NM
>
>Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking
>distance.

Find things fast with the new MSN Toolbar  includes FREE pop-up blocking!