Re: check out this honda site. really.

To: Triumph Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: check out this honda site. really.
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 11:07:29 -0700
> I'm thinking that 145hp in a TR6 would allow a much more rapid
> attainment
> of redline.

My TR3 engine sees 6000 RPM on a regular basis (modified to handle the
extra 1000 RPM) and I know of some race built TR3-4 engines that see
7000 RPM and 150HP is quite obtainable.

A stock TR3 is lighter than a TR6 and has got to be way lighter than a
newish rice burner. So power to weight can give the modified TR3 an
edge.  The big problem of course is the 1930's technology used on the
TR3 suspension & steering.

But lower it, go to poly bushings, the factory optional comp rated
front springs, the factory optional or preferably larger dia front sway
bar, the late TR4 front suspension parts to change camber, throw on a
wider set of minilite wheels with reasonable tyres  and that ancient
technology can work pretty good.

Modern rice burners handle very nicely out of the box and have a lot of
pep but TRs are no slouch when updated.

TeriAnn