Re: check out this honda site. really.

To: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: check out this honda site. really.
From: "Andrew H. Litkowiak" <andylit@covad.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 08:08:04 -0500
Some of us middle aged people actually modify the Hondas into fairly worthy
competitors. My 1990 Civic Si has been graced with a non-US 135 HP DOHC engine,
tuned SS exhaust and new suspension components.

At the risk of drawing substantial abuse, I will state the following:

My Si will out-accelerate, out-corner, out-run and generally out-perform any
Triumph car ever built. This is not a brag, simply an engineering certainty.

This does not reflect poorly on the Triumphs. It simply demonstrates that a
lighter car with higher horsepower and more sophisticated suspension will
outperform an older, heavier car.

Each has merits.

 From a pure driver standpoint, the Si is far more enjoyable to drive. It is
crisp, responsive, maneuverable and incredibly quick.

On the other hand, the TR6 offers the driver a much more fulfilling driving
experience. The look, the feel, the sound, cannot be matched or approached by
any "modern" car.

Andy Litkowiak