RE: Virus

Subject: RE: Virus
From: Jim Holmgren <jholmgren@advertising.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 14:02:13 -0400
All computer platforms are susceptible to viruses.

IF you believe you are "immune" from any virus, worm or security breach
because of the computer platform you prefer...you are indeed foolish.

That being said, it is true that PCs receive the bulk of the virus load.
Much of this is due to the larger number of installed PCs, in addition to
the admittedly easier to "crack" Microsoft operating systems, and the
overall less-informed user-base of PCs.

I support Windows, Mac (OS9.x-OSX) and about 6 different variations of Unix
(Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, etc) for a living.  Not a single one of them is
totally bullet-proof.  I can provide examples of security weaknesses in
each.

Could we kindly get back to discussing Triumph's now and leave the OS "holy
war" to other mail lists?

Thanks,
Jim
'75 Spitfire 1500