Re: TR3A Seats

To: Ron Easterly <magician@usol.com>
Subject: Re: TR3A Seats
From: Bill <wbmcleod@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 18:37:14 -0700
Cc: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
The actual change in the seats, when the cars went from TR3 to TR3A at
car number TS22014 with the start of the 1958 cars was in the shape of
the seat back, which went from flared at the the top (the mushroom seat)
to basically vertical.  At the same time, the seat kits changed from
single bead at the top with the pleating running vertically up the back
and from front to back on the seat cushion to double pleated at the top
with the pleating running from side to side on both the back and the
cushion.  This design lasted through the early TR4 seats, which had
other, less visible, changes.
You presume right....., but that is not to say there weren't many
oddball seat kits out there.
Bill McLeod
Slightly Classics
Tucson