Toad

To: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Subject: Toad
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 09:18:28 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h2IEIb0K029438
Message text written by a Wallace
>Last Wednesday I heard on the radio about an accident that occurred near
here, but they did not name the accident victim in the news.
I found out this morning that it was list member Greg Kaufman (sp?), who
usually signed off as "Toad, of the Morgan persuasion".
Greg was simply walking across the road, and was hit by a car.
He had visited me once and we had emailed back and forth, but I never got
around to taking him up on his offer to pay him a visit to check out his
Morgans.
The family has asked that contributions be made to the Alzheimers
Association in lieu of flowers.
I don't know anything else; I'm afraid I don't even have his contact
information, but maybe someone else on  the list does.
Jim Wallace
<

Jim, thanks for passing along this news.  This comes as a shock.  Although
I have never met the gentleman, I have conversed with him over the internet
and found him to be a very gracious and generous man.  He is the one who
directed me to a small British scrap yard where I acquired the overdrive
transmission that I put into my TR3 and it is working nicely, thank you
very much.

I only knew him as toad@storm.ca but I will still miss him.

Dave Massey
St. Louis, MO USA