Re: I need a Part!

To: ebk@buffnet.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: I need a Part!
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 17:23:42 EST
In a message dated 3/17/2003 4:32:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ebk@buffnet.net writes:

> I went today to remove the tires off the rims &found out that the
> local chain dealer doesn't have the same replaceable tubeless tire Value
> Stems.  They have a larger diameter base at the rim. I want to have the
> rims sandblasted, but If I can't get replacement valves then what should
> I do? There HAS to be some place to get them. I have TR4/A, but the rims
> maybe from earlier TR cars [TR4 or 3?]. :-\    TIA,

Cosmo, I thought there were only about two "common" sizes, although there
usually are "short" and "long" versions of each. I'll wager you can walk into
any auto parts store and find blister packs full of new tire valves.
Unfortunately, I can't remember offhand which size fits the TR wheels, but
I've never had any trouble obtaining valves.

Not even last summer, when I had a valve go bad in Toledo, Ohio, on my way to
Minnesota in the Herald! :-)

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,
 Triumph Herald engine with wings.