M.P.G. for a T/R 3

To: vafred@erols.com
Subject: M.P.G. for a T/R 3
From: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 19:29:19 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Fred,
I remember reading years ago that at 60 mph 60% of the gas was being used
to fight wind resistance.
Then I saw specs on fuel economy vs. road speed for a Rabbit (VW type) that
showed best economy at 37 mph, and it was a fairly boxy car so maybe that
is similar for the TR3.
So perhaps the 71 mpg car had no windshield, spats in the wheel wells (if
that is still unmodified), the driver had his head down low, he used
Imperial gallons, and he drove 37 mph with a tailwind downhill in overdrive
behind a transport truck.
Jim
PS I have driven my car 0 miles but also used 0 fuel so that's pretty
economical!